MACC Weighs In on Proposed Pension Cost Shift
The proposal to transfer a portion of teacher pension costs to local governments would have a devastating impact on community college operating budgets.
MACC is urging legislators to oppose the proposed transfer and has joined forces with a statewide “Stop the Shift” coalition.
Read press coverage of community college presidents speaking out across the state:
- Op-Ed by Dr. Guy Altieri, President, Hagerstown Community College and Chair of the Maryland Council of Community College Presidents - The Gazette
- Comments by Dr. Cynthia Bambara , President, Allegany College of Maryland, at a recent "Stop the Shift" press conference - Cumberland Times-News in article titled "County: 'Enough is enough' on pension plan"
- Op-Ed by Douglas Browning, Interim President, Frederick Community College - The Gazette
- Op-Ed by Dr. Kate Hetherington, President, Howard Community College - The Baltimore Sun
- Op-Ed by Dr. Stephen Pannill , President, Cecil College - The Cecil Daily
- Op-Ed by Dr. Faye Pappalardo , President, Carroll Community College - Carroll County Times
- Comments by Dr. Barbara Viniar , President, Chesapeake College, at a recent "Stop the Shift" press conference - Star Democrat in article titled "Officials urge Md. to 'stop the shift'"
Visit http://stoptheshiftmd.com to learn more about the statewide coalition that has formed to oppose the proposed shifting of pension costs to counties.