2011 MACC Summit on Completion
Media Coverage - Community College Times
Overview: For a quick recap of the day, here’s a brief video of Summit highlights.
Opening Session: Watch video featuring remarks from Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis, President of Community College of Baltimore County; MHEC Interim Secretary Dr. Danette Howard; Dr. Guy Altieri, President of Hagerstown Community College and Chair, Maryland Council of Community College Presidents; and keynote speaker Dr. Uri Treisman, professor of mathematics and public affairs and director of the Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin.
Session 1 (Morning) Workshop Presentation (PDF Downloads):
- #2: To Infinity and Beyond! Scaling Up the Best - presented by Donna McKusick, Peter Adams, Susan Delker, Community College of Baltimore County
- #4: Accelerated Studies for Adult Professionals - presented by Diane Lane, Mary Bolt, David Linthicum, Cecil College
- #7: Fast-Tracking Student Success - presented by Andrea Ronaldi, Kim Donnelly, College of Southern Maryland
- #9: Collaborative Connections: Preparing High School Students for College-Level Courses - presented by Joan Johnson, Dawn Schoenenberger, Hagerstown Community College
- #11: Accelerating the Path to Degree Completion and Increasing Retention through STEM Scholars Step-Up Bridge Program - presented by Dr. Supawan King, Deborah Wrobel, Chris Jones, Harford Community College
Luncheon Session: Watch video featuring remarks from Dr. Sandra Kurtinitis, President of Community College of Baltimore County; CCBC Graduate Meghan Creamer, and Executive Director of Phi Theta Kappa, Dr. Rod A. Risley.
Session 2 (Afternoon) Workshop Presentation PDF Downloads:
- #13: Starting from the Beginning: Frederick Community College's Approach to the Completion Agenda - facilitated by Dr. Christine Helfrich, Frederick Community College
- #15: Using Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA) Data to Identify Strategies for Improving Completion for At-Risk Pre-Nursing Students - presented by Dr. Cynthia Dove, Dr. Judith Peisen, Hagerstown Community College
- #16: BCCC's Developmental Math Modular Program: Accelerating Student Learning - presented by Professor Edward Ennels, Baltimore City Community College
- #17: Integration of Technology into Developmental Mathematics to Enhance Course Completion - presented by Chris Jones, Carl Henderson, Harford Community College
- #19: Student Success and Degree Completion of Underrepresented Groups in STEM Programs - presented by Dr. Sanjay Rai, Dr. Barbara Hoberman, Dr. Muhammad Kehnemouyi, Montgomery College
- #21: Mentoring Diverse Males: A Purposeful Path from Self-Knowledge to Graduation - presented by Laura Ariovich, Brian Hamlin, Greg Ogle, Prince George's Community College
- #22: AMPing Up Completion - presented by Kristin Duckworth, Joyce Ardo, Community College of Baltimore County
Closing Session: Watch video featuring introduction by Dr. Guy Altieri, Chair, Maryland Council of Community College Presidents and a presentation by Dr. Craig Clagett, Vice President of Planning, Marking, and Assessment, Carroll Community College.
Download Dr. Clagett's presentation (PDF) entitled The Maryland Model of Community College Student Degree Progress: Completion Rates in Context.